They Can´t Stop Us All!

Emely Camarena, Journalist

What if we we’re not alone in the universe? What if there were other advanced civilizations in the galaxy? This is a question people all over the world have had for centuries. It has become a culture for people to believe in Aliens and their UFOs. 

Everman High School student, Johnny Duarte stated, ̈The universe is huge, and we have not explored not even half of it. I find it hard to believe that we are the only living beings in the universe.¨

One question many alien believers have is, ̈ Have aliens come to earth, and if so where are they hiding?̈ ̈ Many of them believe they are being held at Area 51. Area 51 is a Federal Government Military Base, whose duty is classified. This base is located in Lincoln County, Nevada where many UFOś have been spotted. People have believed for years that this secretive military base was in some way involved with extraterrestrial life, and they decided it was time they did something about it. 

It all started with a facebook post urging everyone to join together to storm Area 51 on September 20th. What started off as a joke, turned into something much more. At least 2 million people signed up to go, and 1.5 were interested. This post was breaking the internet, while some took it as a joke, others were seriously invested. September 20th finally hit, and the outcomes were not as exciting .

J Oliver Conroy, writer for the Guardian was one of the few who actually went to the event. “Rachel came into view – a tiny, one-horse town besieged by cars and tents and camper vans. Including the cops, EMTs, festival organizers, and so on, there looked to be a couple thousand people – not the two million who had RSVP’d to the Facebook event, nor the 30,000 the sheriff feared, but more than I thought would follow through.”

Although nobody actually stormed the actual facility, the event was still a success. The people that did show up enjoyed a moment where they could gather with other alien enthusiast and participate in a joyous event. People dressed up, people participated in the naruto run (a style of running where you run while leaning forward with your arms stretched out behind you) and most importantly people had fun! 

There was even an event that took place called, Alienstock. This music festival was full of enthusiasm and people just ready to have a great time. “As for whether he’d do it all over again, Carswell says he’s still surprised by just how much fun he had — and the “sense of community” at Alienstock was the best part of all. “I had a lot more fun than I thought I would,” he says.”(Carswell)

Overall the area 51 raid might not have been as huge as planned, but it was a great even that was a time for all alien enthusiasts to come together and enjoy aliens. Hopefully next time we’ll catch some aliens and learn once and for all, are aliens real , and are they being kept in the secretive government facility known as Area 51.