Elkins Students Direct Plays

Four One-Act Plays Hit the Stage This Weekend

The Acting Tiger are hitting the stage again this weekend as they present four student directed one-act plays. Each individual play is about 10 minutes long and directed by a different student. The first showtime Saturday, March 12, 2022 at 2 p.m. followed by second showtime Sunday, March 13, 2022 at  3 p.m. The four plays will commence back-to-back.

Senior, Lee, is directing a play called Genesis which is set on Mars. One of the main characters, Genesis, is like siri and sends messages which causes problems with the other main character, Darius.

Pullquote Photo

I’ve learned a lot  from acting and behind the sense and to learn how to really get what your productions and my leadership skills and it’s helped me a lot

— Lee

Pullquote Photo

I learned that what you see on stage is different from what the audience sees. it’s very different and every effort you put in makes it better.

— Mia

Alannah, also a senior, is directing a play called Phone Free Zone that is about how it’s okay to put down the phone. Restaurant workers in the play have a meltdown over everyone being on their phone so often, because food is now ordered online. Everyone takes the time to finally come in and get off of their phones even when it’s hardest.

Pullquote Photo

Theater has taught me how to be a leader, and its giving me a sense of leadership and playing the role of leading people.

— Alannah

Mia is directing a play titled Strange Addictions. As the title suggests, the play is about four people and the odd things they’re addicted to, aiming to be a more comical play.

Jordan is directing a play called The Fort. This play is about a brother and sister who both have done something and are afraid to tell their mom. Throughout the play, to combat their fears and to escape reality. They play in a fort like they did when they were younger.

Pullquote Photo

I’ve learned better communication skills with the aspect of directing in a nice considerate way. It’s brought leadership but most importantly it brought me to break out of my shell and talk.

— Jordan