The Eye of The Tiger

The Student News Site of Elkins High School

Breaking News

The Eye of The Tiger

The Eye of The Tiger

Why is Eating Healthy Beneficial?

Eating healthy is beneficial because it provides our bodies with the nutrients they need to function properly. It helps maintain a healthy weight, boosts your energy levels, and reduces the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease and diabetes. It can also improve your mood and overall well-being. It can improve your skin, hair, and nails. A balanced diet with plenty of fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats can promote clear skin and strong, shiny hair.

“Eating healthy is important because it prevents a lot of diseases that your body can develop, so it’ll make you feel better.” Mr. Cutright said.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, eating healthy food gives your body the very important treatment it deserves. When you chow down on nutrients, you are fueling up with all the good stuff your body needs. From keeping your energy levels up to fighting off pesky health issues, a balanced diet is like a superhero cape for your overall well-being. It is also a game changer for maintaining a healthy weight and even giving your skin that extra glow.

“I feel that sometimes if the makeup of the food is healthy, it will make you feel good mentally about eating it. Rather than unhealthy foods, which can make you feel sluggish or depressed about eating unhealthy foods.” Cutright said.

Eating healthy has an amazing effect on your brain. It is like a natural mood booster. When you fill up on foods that are rich in nutrients, your brain gets what it needs to function at its best. This means better concentration, sharper memory, stronger focus, and an overall happier mood.

“Food can physically make you feel better and can also make you feel better financially. Choosing to eat food that is quick and cheap will have further consequences because it is unhealthy and can cause diseases.” Cutright said.

Foods with omega-3 fatty acids, for example, are like brain food that can help you feel more calm and less stressed. When your blood sugar levels are stable from a balanced diet, it helps keep your mood steady.     

“Eating healthy is important because it makes you feel better inside and out.” Julia Biola said.