The Eye of The Tiger

The Student News Site of Elkins High School

Breaking News

The Eye of The Tiger

The Eye of The Tiger

Lovett Awarded WV Journalist Of The Year

AT THE NATIONAL CONVENTION journalism students celebrate Lovett‘s award and 100 years of scholastic journalism. Left to right: Carlee Isenhart, Emma Parlock, Kelsey Tincher, Ava Hymes. Front: Kaelan Lovett

Senior Kaelan Lovett was recently awarded West Virginia Student Journalist of the Year. Loveitt won this award with a portfolio of all his previous work. It was his first time writing and winning this award.

“Yes, I enjoy doing this because, besides the writing part, there is a lot of research and work.” Kaelan Lovett said.

As a result of Loveitt winning this award, he was recognized by the Journalism Education Association and the National Scholastic Press Association at the 2024 National High School Journalism Convention in Kansas City, MO. He made a memory for himself with journalism.

“It was nice to have work recognized and be recognized,” Lovett said.

Lovett has published many articles and participated in broadcasts. His articles have had much success, and he has come a long way, especially for this being his first time doing journalism.